Gambling is not only slot machines, blackjack, roulette. There is also such entertainment as bingo. This game is quite common, but not particularly well known. Since there are not many bingo rules in this game, it is very easy to learn how to play bingo.
Online Bingo in Australia
Online bingo is one of the most harmless types of online gambling. This classic game enjoys a much more modern reputation today than it did a few years ago, and has already taken its place among online gambling games and in Australia as well.
The undoubted advantage is that it is very easy to learn how to play bingo, and you do not need to be tied to a certain place, because today almost all classic games can be easily played on mobile devices. In addition, there are no closing times in online casinos and the virtual world offers a significantly larger selection of special game options that bring new impetus to the game. Another plus – matching numbers are marked automatically. The game really couldn’t be easier! Finally, live chat is becoming more common, allowing you to communicate with other players around the world.
The social dimension plays a central role in bingo. A game round can take a long time, and this time is used by the players to communicate with each other. This fact makes bingo an ideal game for playing in a live casino because it allows you to communicate with dealers, croupiers, and players in real-time. Casino operators in Australia and worldwide have recognized this very advantage and therefore have included bingo in their range of live games.
Bingo and the Law
Gambling in Australia is governed by a variety of laws and differs from state to state as well as federal law. However, gambling, in general, is divided into two categories: free (physical) and online (virtual) games.
Playing bingo with real money at offline facilities requires a special license and players must ensure that the place where bingo is played complies with local laws. This ensures that the games meet the requirements and that the monetary reward mechanisms are fair.
When it comes to playing online bingo for money, it falls under the Interactive Games Act (2001). The law prohibits Australian and foreign sites from offering interactive games to Australian citizens. The law applies to online poker, casino games, and bingo games. However, it works for corporate security, not for individuals. Australian companies are easy to control by the federal government, but there are no foreign gaming operators. This means that Australians continue to have access to online gambling games offered by websites outside Australia.
How to Play Online Bingo
If you have never played online bingo before, then you can easily learn how to play bingo game because the rules of the bingo game are one of the simplest among all gambling games, no matter what variation you play, the scheme is always the same.
Bingo is a lottery game with numbered balls from 1 to 80 or more. Game tickets consist of several fields: some of them are empty, others are numbered. Typically, players can fill in horizontal, vertical, or diagonal rows of five numbers. But various patterns are also possible: rhombuses, quadrangles, frames, letters, etc. The balls are shuffled and then drawn or dropped using a random number generator. The goal of the game is to fill in the entire card. The player who manages to be the first to complete the entire ticket becomes the winner and receives a prize or even a jackpot.
In bingo for money, you can place both large bets or start with just a few cents. You can play with multiple cards at the same time, or if you only want to play with one card, that’s not a problem either.
Many online casinos in Australia offer players the opportunity to play bingo for free. At the same time, one should not expect any winnings from such a game, since real money does not participate in the game. Most demo versions work without registration and are free.
On rare occasions, platforms offer bonus bingo games for new customers after registration. In this case, you can get the first winnings and use them for further games. In the long term, playing for free and without registration will not work.
As with other casino games, we advise you to choose only a reputable provider to play bingo online for money. The best way to do this is by choosing a casino from our list. We publish only reliable online casinos that will offer you not only a lot of entertainment, but also a safe game. When choosing a casino, it is worth checking license availability, security, data protection, and customer service, as well as the range of games and bonus offers. If these points are met, then you can be sure that you have chosen a reputable site, and then nothing will interfere with your successful game.
Different Types of Bingo
Playing bingo online has different options, and depending on the version of the game, the instructions for playing bingo may sometimes differ slightly from the basic ones. But don’t worry: if you know the basic bingo game rules, you can easily master them. For example, on the Internet, you can find versions with different numbers of rows and columns. A row can have two, three, four, or five fields. Below are examples of some of the most common types of online bingo:
- Bingo with 90 balls
Among the various options, 90-ball bingo is one of the most popular. You will see that apart from the number of balls, there is no significant difference between online bingo with 90 balls and other bingo varieties.
A 90-ball bingo ticket consists of 9 rows with 3 lines each. Each line usually consists of 5 numbered squares. As with other variations, there are empty squares in 90-ball bingo. The winners are determined in three stages: the first one wins the one who fills one row, the second one – two rows, and the main prize goes to the one who has Full House, the whole card is filled.
- Bingo with 75 balls
Bingo with 75 balls is one of the most played variations. As with all other variations, in 75 ball bingo, you use a ticket that is similar to the other versions, except that it has 5 rows and 5 lines. There are a wide variety of winning patterns in 75 ball bingo: you can try to fill the whole ticket, make a complex pattern, or just one line.
This option is suitable for both beginners and experts who can fill in a complex pattern.
- Bingo with 30 balls
Bingo with 30 balls, also called “Speed Bingo”, is characterized by an especially short play time. This variant uses a 3 x 3 ticket with 9 squares. To win, the player must mark all the numbers on his playing card.
The growing popularity of online bingo was difficult for game developers to ignore. Almost every online casino offers more than one version of the game from the best developers such as Evolution Gaming, Pragmatic play, NetEnt, Play’n Go, Microgaming, and Playtech. Because of its gameplay, online bingo offers less thrill than other online casino games, but casino providers have gone great to design it.
How to Win Bingo
In this section, we want to show you some of the ways and techniques to increase your chances in bingo. At the same time, we do not want to deceive ourselves or you, since in every online and offline bingo game, by and large, everything depends on luck. We cannot teach you how to win bingo with just one strategy. But by following the simple rules listed below, you can improve your chances of winning:
- More cards mean a higher probability of winning: this is one of the simplest bingo tips to increase the odds. The more cards a player has, the higher the chances of winning are. Therefore, we recommend that you always buy the maximum number of bingo cards that the game offers.
- Take advantage of the bingo bonus and increase your chances. If possible, look for promotions, specifically for bingo, and familiarize yourself with the terms of the proposed bonus.
- Choose the right casino for playing bingo. Not every provider is automatically good. In this article, we have listed some of the online casinos that we have verified and where it is safe to play bingo online for real money.
- Decide which of the suggested bingo options suits you best.
- Play games with a small number of players. The less competition is, the less intense the game is, and there is no need to rush to mark numbers.
- Play bingo only when you are focused and attentive to avoid losses. The better your mood and condition are, the more objectively you can play.
- Manage your budget effectively. You should think carefully about how much money you have to play and stick to this personal limit. Smart distribution of gaming funds is also an important factor. Instead of making big bets right away, it is important to exercise restraint and discretion and follow the motto “less is more.”
- Choice of numbers: For the best bingo result, you should also study each number very carefully, especially if you want to buy more than one card. Make sure to have as few duplicate numbers as possible on your cards. The more different numbers appear on all the playing fields, the more you can mark and the higher your chances of winning are.
The main thing is not to forget that bingo is a game of chance, and you need to play it for fun, not money, and certainly, not to solve financial problems.
Best Online Bingo Sites in Australia
When you visit online bingo sites, you want to know that you are completely safe and your money is protected. We are here to help you navigate the best bingo casinos. Each of the sites listed here is licensed and secure, so you can play for real money with confidence.
Among the best online gambling sites in Australia are:
- AmigoBingo – has a very attractive welcome bonus package for players;
- Bingo Australia – was designed for Australian players -and you can feel this right after you visit the site and see the visual design;
- At Sing Bingo – you can enjoy 90, 75-ball, and 5 Line bingo games;
- Tasty Bingo – is apt for both newbies and mature players;
- Cyber Bingo – the site is popular among English-speaking countries, including Australia;
- BingoFEST – the brand is proclaimed to be a fresh new approach to bingo;
- Fancy Bingo – is considered a leading bingo hall in the world;
- Bingobilly – is a casino specializing in bingo solely;
- The ease is a secret component of the demand for JetBingo
- You can download mobile BingoStreet app and play bingo games wherever you’re and whenever you wish.
Bingo in Australia: Frequently Asked Questions
– What is the legal age to play bingo?
Players must be at least 18 years old to start playing online games – some casinos or countries may have stricter requirements.
– Are my winnings from bingo taxable?
Australia collects gambling taxes, which are taken from gambling providers, not personal income. This means that all the money you can make is 100% tax-free, whether you play online or on-site.
– Do I have to download any software to play online bingo?
A few years ago, many sites required users to download software to play online bingo sites. However, the technology has improved nowadays and most of the online bingo games are built using the latest HTML5 technology. This means it loads quickly, allowing you to enjoy the game in your browser.
– How can I be sure that bingo games are fair?
Yes, bingo games offered by top-notch providers on casino sites are fair as they are all controlled by RNG, and we recommend relying on RNG software. This means that no one is in control of the results, and they are completely random.