Blackjack card game stands out among the card games presented in land-based and online casinos. The popularity of twenty-one is due to three factors: simple rules, high dynamics of the process (rounds are played out quickly enough), and a high return index of 99%. Modern internet casinos provide an opportunity to play blackjack online free or for real money. In the second case, the gambler is opposed by a virtual or real (live-machine) dealer.
Live rivalry, where the round, broadcast via webcams, is controlled by a professional croupier, is interesting with additional nuance. At the live table, the gamblers’ neighbors are real players – members of a similar online club. This creates the most realistic presence in a real land-based casino. The final aspect of the popularity of card game 21 in virtual gambling establishments is associated with a wide range of bets.
Online Blackjack in Australia
The main postulate of playing blackjack is formulated succinctly: the participant with 21 points wins. If there are none, the prize is awarded to the one who collected the lowest amount, as close as possible to the result. Scoring can be divided into three categories: aces bring 1 or 11 points, tens and pictures (jack, queen, king) – 10 each, other cards – according to their own denomination.
Before building a strategy on how to play blackjack and win, you need to learn the following: going over even one point means an automatic defeat. Another important nuance is: blackjack is always 21 points scored by the first pair of cards.
Any other achievement of the twenty-one milestone remains a winning combination if the opponents at the table do not have blackjack. This is a short introduction to the rules of blackjack.
An additional difference between tables with virtual croupiers and live dealers is access to slot machines. Indeed, everyone can play blackjack online for free without registration in a good casino against an inanimate opponent. Getting into the section with live machines is a privilege exclusively for registered members of the club. All games are played live only for money: dollars, euros, or cryptocurrencies. With a zero balance, a member of the club can simply watch the development of events at the live table.
Blackjack and the Law
Although online casinos are banned in Australia, there are some legal forms of online games, such as sports games, online lotteries, as well as some forms of casual games such as keno. In Australia, the most popular area of online games is sports games, as many licensed online bookmakers invest in everything from jumping to the famous football league. So you are free to play online blackjack on any of reliable and licensed foreign casino sites.
How to Play Online Blackjack
In online casino blackjack simulators, online play for real money is offered with several decks, up to 8. In the basic version, the virtual shoe contains only 52 cards. This is a quartet of suits, each containing 13 elements from deuce to ace.
These slots are called Single Deck. The variant with one deck is in particular demand among gamblers, whose tactics of playing blackjack involve the use of mathematical systems.
The classic round begins with a gambler’s bet. Most versions of simulators limit the amount at stake in the range of 1 – 100 currency units (EUR, USD). Then the process follows a simple scheme:
- The casino, represented by the virtual croupier, deals a pair of cards to itself and to the gambler (the dealer immediately opens the first one).
- The gambler performs one of the actions – doubles the bet, splits the box, folds the hand or opens. The first two options are available only in certain hands.
- When the player finishes drawing cards, the casino dealer performs the same actions.
The game ends with a comparison of hands and a winner. Exceeding the sum of 21 points (overkill) automatically ends the round, and the winnings are passed on to the opponent. It is the simplicity of the casino blackjack rules that motivate the gambling audience.
Additional options for choosing an action for a gambler appear only immediately after the cards are dealt. If a hand without a buy has 21 points, this is the fastest way to win in blackjack. The presence of a pair of cards with the same denomination allows you to split the box into two, continuing to draw individually for each half. Finally, with a solid hand with a total of 9 – 11 points, the gambler gets the right to double the bet. An important condition of how to play 21 online for money is related to the behaviour of the dealer. The dealer takes a buy-in up to the amount of 17 points, after which he is obliged to stop, even in a losing situation.
Live games are a new kind of gambling platform where rounds are played in real-time. Today, almost all reliable internet casinos invite you to play live blackjack online for real money. The main features of live slots are as follows:
- The cards are dealt by a professional dealer;
- The broadcast is conducted live from the web studio and remains under the full visual control of the gambling addict;
- The table can accommodate up to 7 players;
- The game is played exclusively for money and is available only to registered members of the casino;
- There is an online chat on the machine, which allows you to communicate with the dealer, other participants in the game.
- The size of the bets is set individually for each live table.
Different Types of Blackjack
There are many variations and differences from the standard rules in different casinos. Some variations increase the player’s chances, while others worsen. Read the rules of the game before starting the game. You can check the rules on the casino websites or ask the dealer directly.
Here are some variations of the rules that can be found in casinos:
- American Blackjack – After the cards have been dealt, the dealer takes a second card. If the dealer’s upcard is not a 10 or an ace, play proceeds as usual. With an ace or ten, the dealer “looks” the face-down card. The player does not see this card. If the dealer has a blackjack of two cards, the game is immediately terminated. The player loses all bets unless he also has blackjack. If the dealer receives a blackjack, it is not possible to refuse the game.
- Open Blackjack – Here the dealer gets not one, but two cards face up. If the points are equal, the dealer wins. Abandoning the game is no longer possible. The probability of winning in this variant is approximately equal to the standard (European blackjack).
- Surender restrictions – Surender is not possible at all. Often there is a variant where a refusal is not possible if the dealer’s first card is an ace.
- Restrictions on doubling a bet – You can only double a bet for 10 or 11 points. AND
- Additional payments for colour blackjack —. Blackjack formed from cards of the same suit is paid not 3: 2 but 2: 1. The player gets an additional 0.56% advantage.
- Joker game – One joker card is added. When you receive a joker, you automatically get 21 points. When a joker hits the dealer, it is postponed and does not play.
How to Win Blackjack
- Play blackjack for free
If you like to play blackjack online and want to make money on this interesting casino game, you need to play blackjack in demo versions. This will not only help you deeply understand the rules of the game, but it will also give you a good chance to apply your knowledge and experience to increase your chances of winning against the dealer.
- Set your budget
Many blackjack fans are addicted to this casino game and usually continue to bet more than they can afford. Therefore, it is important for players to balance their bankroll when they start their real money gaming adventure and stop playing when bet size is not available.
- Remember the basic rule
The basic rule of blackjack will help you make the right decisions when playing real money blackjack. Memorize it and you will be surprised to see how useful it is!
- Keeping calm
Obviously, blackjack is not purely a game of chance. You will need to plan your own strategies and think about when to use each of the game options so that your chances of winning can be significantly increased.
An optimal blackjack strategy requires the player to play each hand in an optimal way, taking into account his combination and the dealer’s face up card. Mathematicians have long figured out which solution would be optimal. It can be briefly described as follows:
- When the dealer’s face-up card is good, such as 7, 8, 9, 10 cards or an ace, the player must draw cards until he has 17 points or more. When the dealer’s face-up card is bad, 4, 5, or 6, the player must stop as soon as he hits 12 or more. If the dealer’s face-up card is medium (2 or 3), the player must stop at 13 or higher.
- With a soft hand, the basic strategy is to keep drawing cards until there are at least 18 in total, so with an ace and a six (7 or 17), the player does not stop at 17, but draws two cards.
- The basic doubling strategy is as follows: with 11 points, the player must always double his bet. With a total of 10, he should double his bet, unless the dealer has a ten or an ace. With 9 points, you need to double your bet only if the dealer’s card is good or bad (from 2 to 6).
- You should always split a pair of aces or eights; the same tens of cards should not be split, like a pair of fives, since two fives add up to 10, which can be more efficiently used when doubling. A pair of fours should also not be split, since a total of 8 is a good number to get. Typically, twos, threes, or sevens can be split if the dealer does not have an eight, nine, ten, or an ace. Finally, the 6s should not be split if the dealer’s card is bad (2 to 6).
By following the basic strategy, your game will be the most optimal. The return rate in this case will be 99.4% (it may vary depending on the rules and specific varieties).
Best Online Blackjack Sites in Australia
Before considering other nuances, it is reasonable to decide on a list of reliable casinos where the blackjack game is implemented in all three formats to play online for free, for money with a virtual dealer or at a live table, in the company of real opponents and a professional croupier. The table displays the top list of gambling projects, verified by reviews of gambling addicts and work experience, with a wide arsenal of blackjack simulators.
- Rich Casino is one of the oldest and most trusted casinos. They offer a great package for casino games with low and high tables and different versions of real blackjack.
- 7 videos casino is designed for Australian players. The best blackjack bank is amazingly beautiful. You can play realistic games and enjoy a wide variety of board games without leaving home.
- 21 Duke casino offers more than the competition. They have different versions of blackjack including a blackjack bonus which gives you more ways to win.
- Winward Casino has Australian currency with super-fast payments in all states. Overall a great option with a lot of variety.
- Joe Fortune offers a single hand and multi-hand blackjack. Both versions are wonderful, you can also participate in the Gold Series.
Blackjack in Australia: Frequently Asked Questions
– What is the legal age to play blackjack?
The legal age for playing blackjack is 18 years.
– Are my winnings from blackjack taxable?
No, you do not have to pay any taxes upon your win.
– Do I have to download any software to play online blackjack?
No, you can gamble via your browser.
– How can I be sure that blackjack games are fair?
Fair gambling is possible only on licensed casino sites.